1. What is Georgia Gives Day?
Georgia Gives Day is an initiative that has been co-created by the nonprofit sector itself. It doesn’t support one cause or one locale – it’s all of us in the state’s nonprofit sector pulling together to ask you to stop and consider your life and your community without nonprofits. On November 12, 2015, we will challenge the public in a “flash mob of giving” focusing on one 24 hour period to see how much we can raise for Georgia's nonprofits.
2. How much of my donation is received by the nonprofit?
100% of the proceeds of your donation go to the receiving nonprofit after a low credit card transaction fee is taken out. For full details about the transaction fees click here.
3. Does my donation go directly to the nonprofit I have chosen?
Yes, the nonprofit you selected will receive your donation by direct deposit to their bank account within 48 business hours.
4. Are receipts IRS approved?
Yes, you may use your email receipt as proof of your donation. All donations are Tax-Deductible to the 501c3 participating nonprofits on this website
5. What forms of payment are accepted?
Mastercard, VISA and Discover are available to donate to all nonprofits through Georgia Gives Day. American Express and e-check are options for the nonprofits to enable. If you do not see these options on the nonprofit's checkout page that means they have not enabled the option to accept American Express and e-checks.
6. Will I receive a receipt?
Yes, a receipt will be automatically emailed to you immediately using the email address you provided when you submitted your transaction. If you do not receive a receipt then please contact Click & Pledge here.
7. What will appear on my credit card statement for the transaction?
The name of the nonprofit you have donated to will appear on your credit card statement.
8. Does anyone else have access to my information as a donor?
No. Your information goes only to the organization to which you make a donation. No information can be shared or given unless done so by the organization. More information can be found here.
9. What happens if I choose to make a donation anonymously?
If you choose to make a donation anonymously, your name will not be published on the GAGivesDay.org website. The nonprofit who receives the donation will still have access to your contact and donation information.
10. I have chosen to make a recurring donation, how is this processed?
Your recurring gift will be processed at the time frame you have selected. Each time your donation is processed you will receive a receipt via email to let you know the transaction occurred.
11. What if my credit card declines?
Credit cards can be declined by your bank for many reasons. If your credit card is declined and you would like to know why, then contact the bank who issued your credit card for details.
12. I want to do more! How do I become a personal fundraiser?
Click here to learn more about personal fundraising.